Etsy is filled with tons of sellers, most of which sell jewelry. “Handmade with love” is the slogan, but you could end up buying from someone who basically orders it from china and give you a bad ring in a promise of 14K gold. So- how can you spot a good seller on Etsy?
There are a few factors you need to check about a seller before buying at their store:
1. Make sure they are showing you REAL pictures of the items and not just a computerized version of them
2. Make sure they have an about section. This might come off as weird, but a lot of sellers fake it when they write down that they are from the US and simply take a demo picture and establish a store. A true seller, a true creator, would take the time to write about their store and about their story- cause that’s what Etsy is all about.
3. Check that the store owner offers sizes! If the seller is only reselling one-sized fake rings they got on AliExpress- you’re not going to find a size chart or a call for personalization.
4. Check out that the seller shows you different angles of the jewelry, that they took the time, love and money to photograph the items right!
5. And most important- check for reviews! Never get anything from a seller without previous reviews by other people- especially if the products are valuable items that cost you your well earned money.
I was trying to find a store that will match all of these points to show you how to really select a trusted seller- and I did! That store is called: JSVConcept.
Store owner, Young Kim, is from Fullerton, CA, United States. And if you think she’s just “that person that has a good Etsy store” you’re wrong- cause she also has amazing jewelry items!
First let’s start with the photos-
The photos are not shown as a simulation in a computer- but on real hands and/or with the background in which they were placed on.
This seller also added pictures of her working routine!
Second- the about second of this store is massive, and this is the actual story and goal of this seller:
JSV Concept is small but trustworthy online supplier of an exquisite range of handcrafted fine jewelry.
At JSV Concept, we believe that the jewelry you wear should express the unique and beautiful person that you are – both inside and out- which is why our extensive range of fine jewelry allows you to select pieces that can showcase your individual style and taste.
Our 100% handcrafted and handmade fine jewelry consists of fine metals such as 14K and 18K solid gold, White, Rose and Yellow gold. In addition, we use precious and semi-precious stones like diamonds, sapphires, rubies and more when making our beautiful diamond necklaces, diamond rings, diamond earring, diamond bracelets, solid Gold rings, necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
All our pieces are made with great care, love and pride and we ensure that we always work according to the very highest standards of quality and workmanship.
With exceptional customer service, reliability and professionalism being at the heart of all we do here at JSV Concept, you can rely on us to answer any questions or queries you may have regarding our items as soon as possible.
Third- the store offers a variety of sizes, especially when it comes to the most important item of all- rings!
As you can see, this ring comes from sizes 3 US to 10.5 US, and the seller even added all the other dimensions of the jewel, like:
Ring Width: 2.0 mm
Diamond Weight: 2mm x 29 pcs, Total 1.04 Carat (0.035 Carat x 29 pcs)
Color Quality: F-G
Diamond Clarity: VS2-SI1
Metal: Solid 14K Gold
Forth– as you seen above, there are so many different angles for every item, and the seller even offers you a chance to see the box in which they’d come in, so you’d know what to expect:
And last but not least, the most important one of all- the reviews!
A lot of sellers have reviews. However, when people purchase from Etsy they have the option to take a picture of the product they got and upload it along with their review. Not many people do so, due to the hassle of taking that picture, transferring it to the computer and uploading it. Most people wouldn’t care that much… But for some reason, people care enough about this Etsy seller, not only to give her an excellent review, but also to upload REAL images of the products they got with that review… And here are the reviews (and images) I loved the most:
All of the above still doesn’t describe the beauty of this seller’s items… The long necklaces, the amazing geometric rings, the option to customize any jewelry you want and more! But I think you get me now and will know how to choose the right Etsy seller next time you buy your jewelry!