Sweaty feet; what are the Causes? Methods of combating hyperthermia with the help of drugs and traditional medicines are considered. Most men experienced unpleasant foot odor. Many of them change their socks every day and pay a lot of attention to hygiene practices, but the sweating of the feet does not go away. Perhaps the problem does not lie in the feet but severe ailments.
What causes sweating of feets?
At first glance, this is a cosmetic problem, but in reality, “sock smell” causes complex people. The patient becomes irritable and tries to avoid visiting. In stressful situations, adrenaline is released, and sweating increases, causing the person to become nervous, leading to the following hormone release. It creates a vicious cycle that is quite difficult to break.
Why feet sweat in adults
Here are the most common causes of wet feet in adults:
- Heart disease and high blood pressure … Due to faster blood flow, sweat production increases. The structure of the foot facilitates this. 1 cm 2 foot has 250-350 sweat glands.
- Colds and SARS … When infected with a disease, the body secretes many leukocytes that fight the disease. Because of this, there may be heat or fever. After 2-3 days, the fever disappears, and the feet sweat less.
- Tuberculosis, bronchitis, and other respiratory system diseases… Here, severe sweating of the legs is caused by constant spasms, which cause a violent cough. A person does not have enough oxygen; the body is trying to speed up metabolic processes due to sweating and an increase in temperature.
- Hypothyroidism … This is a disease of the thyroid gland, which is characterized by a lack of hormones. The person is constantly thrown into the heat, then into the cold. The feet are always wet and cold.
- Obesity and diabetes … Most often, these diseases occur in sedentary people. Due to illness, the body is under stress, which is the reason for “wet feet.”
- Cancerous diseases … are tumors that also “consume” a lot of the body’s energy. To cool the body, the skin produces a lot of sweat.
- Hormonal disorders … Usually, men have sweaty feet due to andropause. In women, hypothyroidism in the legs is associated with hormonal changes during pregnancy and menopause. Excessive sweating of the feet often occurs during adolescence due to constant fluctuations in the concentration of hormones.
- Not following the rules of personal hygiene … One rarely washes one’s feet. It is necessary because bacteria and microbes multiply at constant humidity and high temperatures. Sometimes athlete’s foot occurs.
- High physical activity … With constant movement and lifting, the load on the legs increases, because of which they sweat. The most exciting thing is that in such conditions, a bacterial infection is often combined, which causes an unpleasant smell, itching, and even delamination of nails.
- Tight or too roomy shoes … Cheap Chinese leather shoes often cause excessive sweating. His legs are sweating, and he can’t breathe. Accordingly, bacteria multiply on the insole and feet and cause an unpleasant smell.
- Too warm socks and boots … Many people are used to buying one pair of shoes for the season. But the temperature in winter can be very different. At the same time, we walk in thermal boots both at + 10 ° C and -20 ° C. Of course, when we thaw, our feet sweat in such shoes. Wear demi-season boots and thin toes.
Why do children’s sweaty feet?
Consider the causes of hyperthermia in the legs in children:
- Parasites … The presence of worms in the body causes sweat in the legs. Suppose the child often has a dry cough and constantly itches between the buttocks. In that case, taking a stool test on the ovarian tissue is worth taking.
- Lack of vitamin D … This is the initial stage of rickets, where the legs and the head sweat. Sweat smells unpleasant and is sticky to the touch.
- CNS disorders … are not necessarily mental illnesses or disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Hypertension and hypertension are also neurological conditions and cause sweaty feet.
Properties for the treatment of sweaty feet
The technique of treatment depends on the reasons that caused the hyperthermia. With thyroid gland disorders and diabetes, baths, creams, and ointments will eliminate sweating for a short time.
Treatment of hyperthermia in the legs in women
First, figure out if you have a problem. To do this:
- Run a simple test.
- Wash your feet in warm soapy water and dry.
- Apply the iodine solution to the leg and let it dry.
- Sprinkle starch over the legs. If your feet turn blue, you have hypothermia.
Non-medical treatments for foot sweating:
- Wash the lower limbs with soap in the morning and evening. It is advisable to lower the temperature of the water gradually. So you will affect temperature control.
- Apply antibacterial soap. It is best if you buy an average home.
- After water procedures, dry your feet and sit for another 15 minutes without socks. The limbs must be completely dry. After that, you can anoint your feet with deodorant.
- To treat sweating in women, which causes problems in the internal organs, it is necessary to get rid of the cause. Otherwise, your feet are still sweating. During menopause, it is recommended to take hormonal drugs. With the frequency of “hot flashes,” the sweating of the feet and the whole body will decrease.
Treatment of sweaty feet in men
Of course, it is worth ensuring that a severe illness does not cause sweating. To do this, contact a physiotherapist; he will prescribe all the necessary tests. If the overheating results from a severe infection, it will disappear during the treatment of the disease.
Rules for eliminating sweating on the feet in men:
- Change your socks often. If you cannot wash your feet during the day, carry antibacterial wet wipes.
- Do not wear rubber shoes.
- Choose boots according to the weather.
- In summer, wear flip-flops or flip-flops whenever possible. Choose shoes made of genuine leather or suede.
- If you feel an unpleasant odor, wipe the inside of the shoe with vinegar or turpentine solution.
- Discard the old insole and get a new one made of leather.
- It is helpful to take calcium gluconate solution. It is the lack of this mineral that can cause sweating. For treatment, drink 20 g of a 10% solution thrice a day.
- You can lubricate your feet with a mixture of talcum powder and starch. These materials absorb sweat and keep your feet dry.
Treatment of hyperthermia in the legs in a child
If the feet sweat in a child younger than 1 year, this is not a cause for concern. The child does not have a well-established temperature-controlled system; the body does not quite understand when to cool.
Ways to treat “wet feet” in children:
- In winter, give children under 2 years of age 1-2 drops of Aquadetrim. Vitamin D is used to treat and prevent rickets in children, which causes sweating.
- Take preventive examinations with a pediatrician and a neurologist. Suppose the sweating of the feet is caused by reduced muscle tone. In that case, it is enough to undergo a few courses of stimulating massage to eliminate the problem.
- With ICP and pyramidal deficiency, it is worth taking treatment with drugs that improve brain function. By eliminating Neurotherapy, you get rid of sweating.
Remember! In most cases, the cause of sweaty feet in infants is too much care by the mother. Many women dress the baby “like cabbage .”Due to active movement, feet sweat in warm boots. In addition to unpleasant odors, wet feet can also irritate.
What to use for sweating feet
Nowadays, beauty shops sell a lot of products for the treatment of overheating of the feet. These are solutions, baths, ointments, powders, and even tablets. Antiperspirants and scented insoles help reduce sweating.
Use cream for sweaty feet.
Formaldehyde is usually present in the formulation of such products. It inhibits the work of sweat glands. Please note that this substance is toxic, so do not try to affect the mucous membranes and mouth.
- Formal … It is a product with the greasy consistency of formaldehyde. Apply to feet for 30 minutes. After that, it is washed off with warm water. The skin on the feet is dry. One use is enough to forget about “wet feet” for two weeks.
- Teymurov’s paste … The product contains disinfectants, lanolin, and herbs. Thanks to the complex effect, the skin dries out. Medicinal herbs and lanolin prevent the skin from drying out. After use, the paste should be kept for 2 hours and then rinsed off. Repeat the procedure for 3 days and then take a break for a month.
- Celebrex … The drug was not originally intended to treat sweating. With the help of the cream, skin diseases are treated, and the suppression of sweat glands is a side effect of the remedy. The cream contains hormonal substances, so you should not use it without a doctor’s prescription.
- Deocontrol … The product is based on tea tree oil, which is famous for its antibacterial effect. In addition, the cream contains shea butter, mint, and cocoa butter. They smell the skin on the feet and prevent dry feet.
Use an ointment for sweaty feet.
Usually, the effects of antiperspirant ointments are related to their antibacterial properties. These are disinfectants with essential oils.
List of ointments for sweat:
- Zinc-salicylic acid ointment … is used to treat hypertrophy, not only in the legs but also in the armpits. As part of the product, zinc oxide and salicylic acid are well-known disinfectants. They kill bacteria on the skin’s surface and prevent the sweat glands from working. Sweating may decrease slightly, but you will get rid of the smell.
- Unguentum Zinc … It is a zinc ointment made from zinc oxide and petroleum jelly. It takes well with “wet feet .”It can be considered a universal remedy for sweating.
- Refusal … The drug is based on uracil, a well-known disinfectant. Apply to clean skin on feet twice a day. The drug fights bacteria and destroys fungi. Reduces sweat.
- Fucidin ointment … An antibiotic based on nitrofural and used to treat rashes, rashes, and allergies. Fights sweat by killing bacteria.
Sweat bath recipes for feet
These remedies for treating hypertrophy of the legs are harmless and often give good results. The trays contain antibiotics and herbal remedies. Essential oils are often used.
Recipes for a foot suite bath:
- Spruce needles … To prepare the medicinal extract, pour 400 g of spruce needles with 5000 ml of boiling water. Wrap the container with a towel and leave for 2 hours. Drain the solution and discard the needles. Keep your feet in the liquid for 20-30 minutes. They are used for unpleasant odors.
- Oak bark and straw … To prepare the broth, you need to take 300 g of oat straw and 50 g of oak bark. Pour the dry ingredients into a bucket of water and simmer for 20 minutes. Allow the broth to cool slightly and soak your feet in it for 30 minutes. Repeat the procedure daily. You can use it for overheating the limbs and the whole body.
- St. John’s wort … The device has been used daily for 1 month. To prepare the broth, pour 40 g of St. John’s wort into a pot and 2000 ml of water. Boil for 15 minutes. Strain and cool slightly. Keep your feet in the broth for 20 minutes.
Folk remedies for sweating feet
Traditional medicine mainly offers herbs to treat limb hypertrophy. Decoctions are prepared from them for oral or bath use.
Traditional remedies for sweaty feet:
- Stearin powder … You should put this stuff in clean socks and walk around all day. 2-4 methods are enough to forget about “wet feet” for 2 weeks.
- Oak bark powder … You need to sprinkle the powder on your feet and wear warm socks. It is best to carry out the procedure at night. In the morning, wash your feet with cold water. Repeat the treatment daily for a week.
- Apple Cider Vinegar … Wash your feet with soap and water. Let the skin dry. Take a towel and soak it in apple cider vinegar. Dry your feet and put on socks. Apple cider vinegar is antiseptic and can dry out your feet.
- Boric acid … After your morning shower, sprinkle boric acid on dry feet. Rub between your fingers. Spread evenly over the leg. Leave it for tonight. Wash your feet with warm water before going to bed.
How to get rid of foot sweat with alternative remedies
There are ways to solve the problem using rather unusual methods. These methods are used by doctors when the patient wants to achieve long-term results.
Alternative ways to deal with hyperthermia in the legs at the clinic:
- Electrolysis … During the procedure, a weak electric current is applied to the lower limbs. It also inhibits the work of sweat glands. Effects after a course of treatment are seen for 6 months.
- Dysport … These are injections of botulinum toxin, which kills the cells of the sweat glands. The effect lasts for 5-9 months. The cost of injections is high, so not everyone can afford them.
- Sympathectomy … This is a surgical procedure in which nerve bundles are clamped with a special clamp. Signals to the sweat glands are blocked. The effect of the course lasts for 2-4 years.