Without punishment; how the raising children? The principles of raising children without punishment. Why is it so important to follow such a strategy and what strategies can be used to reverse this influence? Variants of modern measures suppress and encourage the actions of children in the family.
Tips for parenting without punishment
Many parents, despite their best efforts, fail to learn to eliminate punishment in their daily lives. Difficulties arise more and more often, and nerves last for a very short time. So that this does not happen even then, you need to completely change your attitude to education without shouting and punishing. It is best to do this from a young age so that later on you can only adjust your methods. It often happens that the child’s relatives understand all the above points and give him enough attention, but still they fail to learn to parent without punishment. This happens because children need a special approach. In today’s world, there are very difficult kids and teenagers who are not so easily connected. This confuses the parents and leaves them at a standstill. Despite the fact that they seem to be doing everything right, the child continues to be out of control and harmful.
- Constant conversations … You should not perceive your child as a small, irrational person. Even the smallest kids need parental conversations and explanations. It is necessary to try to ask their opinion on a certain situation, to disassemble the model of behavior and the possibility of possible consequences. It is also important that the child himself understands the harm of this or that activity. Only in this case, he won’t actually do this in the future.
- Parents as an example … You need to tell the child about your desires, and interests and explain that it is not always possible to do what you want. In this case, he will take an example from those closest to him and think that if they do not do this, then he should not do it. Relatives often complain that the child does not want to eat porridge or other products. In this case, it is worth participating in this method, eating a few spoons with him so that he feels supported.
- Reasonable prohibition … Very often adults try to limit the child to what is absolutely necessary for him. For example, asking them to sit still for half an hour is completely stupid on their part. For some reason, there are many such cases. Children need walks and active recreation. This must be understood and encouraged, not punished. If this is still very important to mom, then you can always ask to do it as a game or some kind of special secret. This option will appeal to the child and allows you to go about your business in peace.
- Interest … Every activity becomes more fun if you spice it up a bit. It is very important not to be lazy in doing this for children. Their imaginations are much better developed than adults. Therefore, it is worth giving a little encouragement before the flight – and there will be no problems with ordinary occupation. For example, in order not to remind you to brush your teeth every time, you can set a cartoon song on your phone. The child will listen to her, sing along, and will not forget to do this need.
- Safety … Mothers, and fathers, as well as teachers, often wonder how to protect a child from harmful influences. Children are often told not to go near the fire, and not to take matches, which draws their attention even more. Eventually, bad things happen and their child is blamed for this. To prevent this from happening, it is best to remove all kinds of threats. If they are not there, the children will not be able to experience such changes. But relatives should worry about this and not blame the child.
- Joint search for a solution … Children do not always know how to react correctly in a given situation. In some cases, they may do something out of ignorance. The right decision would be to help him with this and not scold him. Children often take other people’s toys without asking, without thinking of returning them. In such a situation, it is necessary to explain to the child whose item it is and how upset the owner will be if it is not returned. Even though kids may sympathize and worry, they will certainly make the right decision without unnecessary persuasion and tears.
- Having freedom … You cannot put a small child in a certain framework of behavior or something else. Many mothers do not allow their children to eat on their own so that they do not get dirty and run so as not to fall and break their knees. This is very wrong. One way or another he will have to do it himself sooner or later. Otherwise, this skill will not be activated and used in the future. Children should be allowed to express themselves, because the more freedom they have, the more responsibility they will take on. This means that they become more rational in their actions and deeds.
- Independence … With increasing age, the child becomes an adult, respectively, can perform more duties. In many families, young children are considered incapable of taking care of themselves. They are deprived of the opportunity to pour water into a mug for fear of breaking it. If this happens, the child is asked to go away. All this is only to do no more harm. This situation needs to be changed. It is necessary to ask the child to clean up after himself if there is an oversight. Such a movement will instill in him more responsibility and a sense of his own importance in the house.
- Time to think … Modern psychologists claim that even the youngest children are capable of analyzing what they have done. Therefore, as a kind of punishment for misbehavior, you can ask them to go to their room and think about it. It is important to give them the time they need, but not more than the child’s age. Do not shout or scold him at the same time. The tone of voice should be natural, but serious and clear. After that, it is worth asking him what conclusion he reached and whether he will repeat his actions again.
- Termination … If mom or dad sees an action that is unacceptable, you need to stop this process immediately. You should not wait until the child himself realizes that this is bad, or that something irreparable happens. It is necessary to be calm, but quite seriously forbid him to overcome in the same spirit and encourage it with some understandable reason. It is also worth saying that such actions should not be present in this house and family in general.
- Use presentation … To somehow draw the child’s attention to what is good, you need to praise him for it. For example, in the morning give candy after eating breakfast in the form of porridge. This attitude will encourage children to do more correct actions. It also helps prevent a bad deed that will not do them any good.
Many modern parents would like to learn about the problems of parenting without punishment. Such a problem not only destroys good relationships in the family but also the future of children raised in it. It is necessary to clearly understand that such measures do not bring anything good, but only promise more negative consequences. To change and prevent this, you need to revise your attitude toward what is happening. It is also important to change communication with children, give them more freedom and independence, and perceive them as a personality that has already been fully experienced.