After birth, what types of eating for our proper nutrition? How to eat right for mom after giving birth? What foods should you eat, and what should you avoid? Also, a slimming menu. We will discuss these issues in our article. After the birth of a child, the only food for him is the mother’s breast milk. Therefore, the mother needs to take care of her nutrition to avoid harming the baby. Not only has the baby’s health but also the mother’s well-being depended on proper nutrition after birth. After giving birth, I want to try something, but unfortunately, you have to hold back. Today, many women know about proper nutrition after childbirth from their mothers, grandmothers, girlfriends, and nutritionists, from sources of information. After all, a proper diet helps improve breastfeeding and breast milk quality. Thus, it does not cause allergic or other reactions but satisfies the child’s needs. How to plan the diet right after giving birth? We will try to consider this in detail in our article.
Proper diet in the first month after birth
First, a woman should be responsible and conscious about giving birth. After all, nutrition after birth should be appropriately formulated and thought out because all the food that the mom takes directly affects the quality of breast milk and, as a result, the baby itself.
The first month after birth is severe and responsible. Allergies (chocolate, pastry) are strictly prohibited in the diet. Do not rush to eat fruits and vegetables. Proper nutrition of the mother will contribute to the smooth functioning of the baby’s digestive tract. It will significantly reduce the risk of the baby suffering from colic or gas.
A specially designed postpartum nutrition plan will ensure maximum and good milk production. For the first time in the days after birth, it is worth using sweet tea, cranberry juice, and herbal extracts (nettle, dill, from the millennium). If a woman suffers a rupture or damage during childbirth, it is recommended to drink chicken broth (1 liter per day). Thanks to the composition of the broth, wound healing is faster.
On the fifth or sixth day, a young mother can eat porridge, but only boiled in water. It is best to eat oatmeal, buckwheat, and millet. It is also allowed to eat soup with vegetables and baked apples. It is not advisable to eat potatoes and cabbage immediately after giving birth. These foods can cause bloating in your baby. You also need to limit yourself to drinking liquids (it is recommended to drink 1 liter a day).
After a week, you can increase your fluid intake to 2 liters—per day. Over time, it will be very nutritious after birth in the first month. You can already eat fish, nuts, cheese, and beef. Gradually consume fruits, legumes, and eggs. Furthermore, the diet expands according to the taste and requirements of the mother.
What is a strict postpartum diet?
Almost all women adhere to such a diet. But mom should have a strict diet, but the baby has unpleasant manifestations due to reactions to breast milk. For this reason, the child may be constipated, anxious, and have a bloated stomach. Certain foods can change the milk taste and thus discourage the baby from breastfeeding.
In some cases, with proper nutrition after birth, it is necessary to exclude allergenic foods from your diet. It can be coffee, chocolate, sausage, canned food, citrus fruits, and strawberries. If suddenly, when consuming these products, you experience an allergic reaction in a child, they should be excluded immediately. Binding from registered products should not be more than six months.
Nutritionists strongly recommend that you stop baking sweets during feeding. Eat cabbage, liver, and beans in small portions. But this does not mean that mom is forbidden to eat everything; there are also many other products. Oatmeal, soup, boiled vegetables, beets, and fish (not smoked) are allowed. You can use seaweed, as it is safe and does not harm the baby’s health.
Should take care to consume raw vegetables and fruits. It is worth starting with beets and onions. After taking this vegetable, observing the child see if it causes an allergic reaction is advisable. To avoid severe and severe reactions in the child, you need to add one product to the diet daily. It is recommended that you expand the menu slowly and gradually.
The first six months menu after giving birth
- This nutrition for breastfeeding mothers provides complete and nutritious breast milk that she gives to their baby. A woman who has given birth should eat often but in small portions (5 times a day). Introduce a new product daily when taking food, adding variety to the combined menu. It can be cottage cheese, kefir, yogurt, fruit, eggs, or bread. It is worth combining products as best as possible. Eating foods rich in calcium, phosphorus, and vitamins is beneficial.
- Eat chicken and beef daily because meat contains a lot of iron and proteins. Roast is categorically impossible, but the stew is possible. Since fish contains fatty acids and protein, you should choose cod, hook, or roach. You can eat boiled or baked fish. As for seafood, it can cause an allergy in the child, so eating it for a while is not necessary.
- It is beneficial to drink kefir, yogurt, and fermented baked milk. It positively affects the baby’s health and is easily absorbed by the mother’s body. It is worth eating pure cottage cheese without fruit additives or glazes to provide the body with calcium.
- Vegetables are also very rich in vitamins. They promote digestion and have a positive effect on the functioning of the body. It can be eaten raw or cooked. Pumpkin, turnips, zucchini, and carrots suit a nursing mother from fruits – apples, pears, and bananas. Drinking tea, juice, and dried fruit pulp is helpful because it is very fortified. Instead of regular wheat bread, it is better to use rye or cornbread.
- There are instances where a nurse needs to take a multivitamin. To avoid constipation in the baby, you need to drink plenty of fluids. Follow the drinking regimen. After a while, a woman can start drinking dairy products.
- A correct daily routine is a key to the success of continuous feeding of the baby. Mom needs to get enough sleep and rest. And most importantly, to live a healthy lifestyle means in no case consuming alcoholic beverages and tobacco products.
Nutrition advice after childbirth.
- A breastfeeding woman should not be hungry or on a diet. Therefore, experts recommend that the mother eats with her baby every 3-4 hours. You can use kefir, cheese, and boiled vegetables to feed the baby.
- Since mom has very little time to cook her food, it is permissible to use frozen vegetables. It is necessary to keep track of meals to avoid missing them, despite being busy or doing other household chores.
- When consuming products, a woman should monitor her reactions to them. If there was an allergy before but not a specific product, it must be immediately excluded from the diet.
Postpartum diet to normalize weight
- When a woman carries a child under her heart, whether she wants it or not, she puts on extra pounds. And to return the former slim figure, you need to put in a lot of effort. It is worth taking care of your bust, even while pregnant. The most important thing is not to overdo it with food during pregnancy; eat small amounts of food and do not eat starchy food. By following these rules, excess weight will quickly disappear after the birth of a child.
- Hormonal changes occur during childbirth. That is why it is forbidden to go on a diet, both a nurse and a woman who does not give birth. A woman can restrict her nutrition after the third month of giving birth. It is necessary to plan nutrition well after birth so that the baby receives adequate nutrition. A nursing mother spends a lot of effort and energy caring for a baby in the first few days after delivery. Therefore, it is worth eating well to cover the energy spent. Mom should eat more than 3,000 calories a day. If there is a lack of calories, this can lead to a decrease in the quality of breastfeeding. But if the calorie rate increases, then this threatens to be overweight.
- To avoid gaining a lot of weight during pregnancy, it is necessary to exclude caloric food. Make your nutrition balanced and correct. Sugar, sweets, mayonnaise, potatoes – everything contributes to extra pounds. It will eat best at a particular time. You should not constantly use snacks on the go; eating in small portions during feeding is better. It is not recommended to gorge yourself at night; you can satisfy your hunger with kefir, a glass of milk, or citrus fruits.
- It is worth remembering about separate meals. It will help you not gain weight after giving birth. One meal does not fit all foods containing protein, fat, and carbohydrates. Therefore, this type of food is safe and will not harm your baby. A little physical activity will also help. But do not tire yourself with heavy loads; they should be moderate and gradually increase. A woman should understand that she will not be able to lose weight in one day. This process will take a lot of time and effort; most importantly, you must follow proper nutrition. A consistent, sensible, and fluid dieting approach will provide excellent and consistent results.
According to experts’ recommendations, a woman can stick to a postpartum diet after 9 months. But it would be more correct to draw up a special menu and follow it for a certain period