Aromatic bath; how can I arrange it? In this adventurous pace of life, you must stop and … finally relax. Personally, quiet music and a scented bath help me with this. How to take them, right? I will talk about this in this article. It’s no surprise that the famous Cleopatra always looked beautiful and youthful – as she bathed with rose oil daily. And why are we worse than her? Our ancestors practically used the medicinal properties of infusions, oils, and decoctions. Beauty recipes were passed down from generation to generation; people fully appreciated the value of essential oils, learned how to prepare fragrant baths with them, and were recharged and full of energy again. So what is the right way to do this?
How to take an aromatic bath:
- Do not put a lot of essential oil in the bath because too much is not better. It also damages the bath glass. It will be enough to add only 3-4 drops, not immediately to the water, after mixing it with some base, for example, with milk, honey, kefir, cream, or almond oil. From experience, I will say that it is most convenient to use sea salt: pack 4 tablespoons in a linen bag. Tablespoons of salt, add 4 drops of essential oil, shake a little and immerse in water.
- The temperature of the water should not be more than 38 degrees. If it’s too hot, you sweat, damaging nutrients more effectively entering the pores. If there is no thermometer, look in the mirror. It’s foggy – that means you need to add some cold water.
- The procedure lasts no more than 20 minutes; too much exposure can harm your health.
- You cannot eat before the bathroom – eat dinner for 1, 5-2 hours.
- What not to do during the procedure: use shampoo, gel, and soaps. The substances that are in the composition of cosmetics invalidate all the advantages. It is better to wash beforehand.
- As soon as you get out of the aromatic bath, do not wipe yourself dry; it is better to dress in a warm robe or wrap yourself in a towel. No vigorous activity; the body should rest and relax well. If you are awake, listen to music, read a book or drink herbal tea (for example, made from lingo berry leaves).
Do aromatic baths have contraindications? It may seem that 3-4 drops will not solve anything, but this is not so. Even in trace amounts, they have a strong therapeutic effect. If you have a severe illness, you should consult a doctor carefully.
- Cancer diseases
- Angina pectoris
- Cardiac ischemia
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Weeping mycoses
- Acute inflammatory process (pneumonia, bronchitis, etc.)
- Chronic hepatitis
During pregnancy, you should be careful with juniper, jasmine, geranium, and mint oils.
During childbirth, you can take a bath only after 4 weeks.
For nursing mothers, it is helpful to add rose flowers, chamomile, and lavender.
What to choose for a scented bath?
Irritation and fatigue
- Add 3-4 drops of lavender oil to the bath. It helps calm, restore strength and eliminate insomnia. After experiencing stress and nervous breakdown, frankincense, sandalwood, rose, and geranium oils (2-3 drops each) help well.
- If you have run out of energy and need a good refresher, use citrus fruits. I notice that perfume with a citrus scent inspires, “revitalizes,” and fills with positive energy. Sage, verbena, and rosemary also tone the body.
For a good mood
Add sandalwood or ylang-ylang oil to the aromatic bath to charge yourself with positive emotions for tomorrow.
Against muscle tension
It is especially true for athletes or people who work hard or in the gym. So you can prepare this bath for your man after a hard day! Use a combination of verbena, ginger, lemon balm, cinnamon, peppermint, and juniper oil. Take a few drops each.
To keep warm
Take such a bath with pleasure in the cold season or when it is difficult to warm the feet. For this purpose, you should take essential oils of lemon, thyme, and pine. If the whole body has sores or joint pain, then cedar wood helps.
For a romantic evening
If you are going on a date or planning to spend an unforgettable evening with your loved ones, then add the oil of neroli, patchouli, and ylang-ylang. They will help eliminate all vain thoughts, put you in the right mood, and give your skin a pleasant smell.