Fall season; how do I maintain health for winter? Find out why people gain weight in the fall and follow 20 rules to help you keep your figure in the fall. Scientists today believe that weight gain in the cold season is a natural process. In numerous studies, they have found a number of explanations for this process. Today we will talk about how not to gain weight in the fall and consider the reasons for the increase in body weight in the cold season.
Why do people gain weight in the fall and winter?
- The cold season of all organisms living in temperate climates is a serious stress. This is a difficult period to get food, which, moreover, cannot be considered over. Throughout evolution, the human body has adapted to such conditions and strives at the first opportunity to create energy reserves. Such is his genetics and nothing can be done about it. Now people do not go hungry even in winter, because you can buy any food in the store. However, this opportunity has appeared relatively recently, and the body continues to work according to previous instincts.
- Energy consumption. Many people are sure that in winter the body consumes more energy because it needs to warm the body. In such a situation, it is important to increase the energy value of the diet. However, scientists do not completely agree with this view. There is no doubt that additional energy is needed to warm the body. However, during the cold season, activity decreases, metabolic processes slow down, and so on. Therefore, the calories of food should be at the same level, only energy is expended in a different way.
- Quality and quantity of food. The misunderstanding we discussed above suggests that we need to eat more food. In fact, this statement is not true and you do not need to switch to eating fatty foods.
- In autumn and especially in winter, the sun hours are short and people go out less often. As a result, the concentration of vitamin D in the body decreases, which is one of the reasons for weight gain.
- Slowing down the pace of life. The colder it gets outside, the less active we are. Also, in cold weather, it is not possible to do sports. Agreed, not everyone will run in high winds and low temperatures. According to statistics, in the autumn-winter period, adults gain an average of 2-4 kilograms. This ballast can go away by itself in the spring, but many people have to make an effort to do this. If more weight was gained during the winter, it will be much more difficult to deal with them.
How not to gain weight in the fall – 19 rules
- Drink green tea. Many people start the day with a cup of coffee. This fragrant drink warms and strengthens. However, green tea has similar properties. At the same time, this drink is not capable of causing addiction and does not harm the body. Do not forget that green tea helps to accelerate fat loss. We recommend finishing each morning with a cup of green tea.
- Review your nutrition plan. Many women say that even with a low-calorie diet, they continue to gain weight in the fall. However, they pay particular attention to the quantity of food, not it’s quality. We have already said that in the cold season there is a craving for fatty foods. You need to overcome it and give sources of protein, vegetables, and fruits. Try to start calculating your daily energy intake. This is not as difficult as you might think.
- Don’t just think about losing weight. You do not have to constantly think about how not to gain weight in the fall. Frequent use of various diet regimens and excessive exercise will only harm the body. To lose weight at any time of the year, all you need to do is eat right and get enough exercise. In addition, training should give you pleasure. If you force yourself to go into sports, then there will be no benefit from this.
- Fighting depression. If you are used to catching stress, then you should not hope for a successful fight against being overweight. To combat depression, you should increase the levels of the hormone endorphins. However, you should not consume a lot of chocolate or other sweets for this. Get used to enjoying small things like walking, shopping, going to the movies, and so on. You must remember that certain hormonal substances promote the accumulation of fats, such as cortisol.
- Go to sports. We have already said that training should be a joy. If you do sports only for weight loss, you will not get positive results. When you enjoy exercise and an active lifestyle, you can quickly see the results.
- Hold beach parties. Every girl wants to look as attractive as possible in a swimsuit. Often, representatives of the beautiful half of humanity begin to play sports in the spring to prepare for the beach. But why don’t you wear a swimsuit in the fall and even winter? You can go to the swimming pool or the water park and have fun there with your friends.
- Keep warm with clothing. Combine business with pleasure and shop to dress not only fashionably but also warmly. If the clothes keep warm. Then the body does not have to spend a lot of energy to heal the body.
- Eat fish. Make one fish a day. This is a very useful tradition because fatty fish and some seafood are great sources of vitamin D. We pointed out at the beginning of the article that in the cold season, most people lack this trace element. In addition, delicious food will give you the pleasure that has a positive effect on the balance of hormones.
- Get ready for New Year’s Eve in the early fall. You can buy a dress for the New Year strictly according to your image. After that, you have to keep an eye on your body so you can put on new clothes for the festival. Agree that this is a great incentive to review and manage your diet.
- Get enough sleep. In the summer you can easily sit up long after midnight, but in the autumn, after ten o’clock in the evening, you can fall asleep. If this happens, do not resist the inevitable. Remember that a good night’s sleep is one of the most important factors in losing weight and maintaining a beautiful figure.
- Eat potatoes. Many people who lose weight go over this root crop from the list of permitted products and it is completely useless. The fact is that the starch in potatoes can be useful for you in the fall. This substance belongs to a group of complex molecules and is processed by the body for a long time. Therefore, you will be able to maintain fullness during this period. Also, remember that potatoes should be eaten boiled or baked.
- Do not forget about animal protein compounds. We have already said that energy consumption during the autumn-winter period increases slightly. You have probably noticed that when you come home from the cold, your appetite increases significantly. To avoid this, use animal protein compounds. You already understood that we are primarily talking about meat, which should not be fat. Protein compounds not only have a plastic function, but they can also use the body as an energy source that is not converted into fat. In winter, steamed chicken breast can be healthier than some vegetable salads.
- Avoid hidden calories. Before you buy a product in the grocery store, you should study the label carefully and pay attention to the energy value index. It is possible that the calorie content of yogurt, which is considered a diet, will be overestimated. Some unsanitary manufacturers reduce the fat content of their products and use various sweeteners instead of sugar, which can be harmful. Choose foods that say “low calorie.” The fat-free label does not always mean the lowest calorie content.
- Take a reverse shower. This is probably one of the simplest spa treatments that you can quickly wake up on a rainy autumn morning while maintaining the elasticity of your skin. The high temperature drops in the body in mild stress and it is forced to maintain the best thawing temperature and consumes energy in this.
- Use an aromatherapy treatment. Thanks to essential oils, you can improve your mood, reduce your appetite and improve your body’s defenses. Scientists have long proven that citrus and coniferous scents help control appetite and speed up metabolic processes. If you want to know how not to gain weight in the fall, we recommend fragrances with lavender, juniper, bergamot, mandarin, patchouli, grapefruit, geranium, lemon, and lemongrass oil.
- Work with the ring. On winter and autumn evenings, you just want to watch your favorite TV show, wrapped up in a warm blanket. However, you can spin the ring while watching TV and thereby burn some energy. Also, such an exercise will improve the tone of the abdominal muscles.
- Do not ignore breakfast. Many people know how not to gain weight in the fall, but the desire to eat often does not go away from them. To control hunger, make the first meal a good meal. If you skip breakfast, the feeling of hunger during the day increases significantly. Many nutritionists agree that breakfast is the main meal of the day. It is at this moment that you begin the metabolic process and provide the body with energy that will be expended in the morning.
- Eat honey. Honey is a very useful product. If you are not allergic to it, do not refuse the gift of bees. However, its high energy value should not be forgotten. We recommend eating one teaspoon of honey in the morning and dissolving the product slowly. In terms of the number of nutrients, almost no product can compare with honey.
- Drink water. All nutritionists are constantly talking about this, but many ignore this advice. Water is not only a large part of our body, but it is also necessary for various processes. Various toxins are also dissolved in water and then disposed of. Drink at least one and a half liters of plain drinking water daily.