Hey ladies, and welcome to a different kind of post! I normally write about shopping and style, but with this post I decided to share with you one of the basic things I think every woman should be doing on a weekly basis- exfoliate.
Exfoliation involves the removal of the oldest dead skin cells on the skin’s outermost surface. Exfoliation is involved in the process of all facials, during microdermabrasion or chemical peels at medical spas. Best way to exfoliate your skin is with a scrub (facial scrub or a body scrub) and here’s why you should be doing it:
- Exfoliating your skin on a regular basis can fight problems of extremely dry skin. Making this a weekly, or even a daily routine, could mean the difference between itchy skin and wonderful glowing skin.
- Exfoliating your legs prior to shaving them allows you to shave your unwanted hair with a deeper reach… Resulting in a shave that would actually last longer!
- Exfoliating on a bi-weekly basis can help remove unwanted in-grown hairs, or at least make sure they will grow outside the skin.
- Exfoliating could make sure your skin gets what it needs. Having all these natural creams and butters might sound good, but when all these great ingredients only meet the upper layer of the skin- nothing happens there.
- Exfoliating your skin can even out your skin tones, by showing the inner layers of your skin, ones that were less exposed to sun light and other external affects.
How to find the right scrub
Finding the right scrub, in my eyes, is a matter of personal taste. It doesn’t matter if exfoliating will make you a millionaire, if you won’t enjoy doing it- you simply won’t. I try to look at these things like I look at food and diets. A big part of the reason why so many people can’t stick to their diets is because they don’t enjoy the food they have to eat. Making sure you have something that tastes good within your dietary restrictions is the key to a great weight loss story. So, the same applies to our body hygiene. That’s why I was searching for a scrub that would not only do the trick- but would also smell refreshing, making sure- women would enjoy using it! I found it on Etsy, with a little store called “Nourish Bath And Body”. This scrub is made with Organic Sugar, Organic Safflower Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil & Organic Peppermint Essential Oil. Making it not only healthy- but also quite the perfumy scrub! Here’s a picture of what you’ll get if you order the scrub from “Nourish Bath And Body”: