Tan; how maintained? It is very easy to maintain a beautiful golden tan. Because of this, it is enough to follow simple recommendations, which are described in detail in the following article. Today’s beautiful golden tan color is the leading indicator of grooming and feminine beauty. Therefore, most representatives of the beautiful half of humanity in the cold season regularly visit the solarium so that the skin always has a beautiful bronze color. But soon, the skin begins to disappear gradually, and few people know that with proper and regular care, there is an opportunity to extend the “life” of the tan.
How will the tanning be?
The inner layers of the epidermis contain cells called melanocytes. It is these cells that, due to exposure to ultraviolet rays, cause an increase in the production of melanin.
Melanin is a unique pigment that penetrates all skin cells and gives it an attractive dark complexion. The cells responsible for pigment production are not evenly distributed in different body areas, so tanning cannot be done evenly. Probably, many girls face such a nuisance when the skin on the face, shoulders, and back darkens, but it isn’t easy to get a beautiful golden tint on the inner thighs and arms.
Sunburn is the body’s natural reaction to the adverse effects of ultraviolet rays. It prevents them from penetrating the deeper layers of the skin. When a person is in the sun for a long time, the skin gradually loses life-giving moisture, becomes dark and rough, often excruciating burns occur, and free radicals accumulate in the deeper skin.
If the effects of ultraviolet radiation do not stop, activation of the process of destruction of elastin and collagen fibers, which are responsible for the firmness and elasticity of the skin, begins. This process is called photography.
Doctors do not recommend excessive use of tanning; as a result, it can lead to the formation of ugly age spots and a vascular system on the skin’s surface.
But in a condition of moderate sunburn and only at a particular time (strictly before 10 am, as well as after 5 pm), the body will benefit from sunbathing:
- Due to sun exposure, the body begins to produce vitamin D more intensively, thanks to which the health and proper functioning of all systems and organs are maintained.
- Ultraviolet rays trigger the production of serotonin (the happy hormone) in the body.
- There is an increase in blood circulation in profound adaptations; the sun helps to get rid of various skin diseases – rashes, dermatitis, redness, etc.
For a tan to be only beneficial, you should not torture your body and lie in the sun for hours. It is essential to protect the skin from the adverse effects of ultraviolet rays, do not forget moisturizing, thanks to the fact that the epidermis recovers much faster after sunbathing, and the tan lasts longer.
Sunbathing rules for tan
Will determine the persistence of tanning at the moment when you are sunbathing, but for this, you need to follow a few simple rules.
As a result, the tan is evenly distributed, and the attractive bronze color will last for a long time:
- Before going to the beach, it is advisable to visit the tanning bed. In this case, the main goal is not to get a beautiful tan but to enable the skin to adapt to ultraviolet rays. A few visits to the tanning bed lasting 2-3 minutes are pretty enough.
- It is essential to prepare your skin for sunbathing properly. For this purpose, exfoliation of the whole body is done. You can do this cosmetic procedure at home or visit a beauty salon. Exfoliation not only removes all dead skin particles but also smooth’s the surface of the skin. The renewed and purified epidermis will be much easier to absorb the effects of ultraviolet rays. As a result, the tan will lay down an even layer, and the beautiful golden skin color will last much longer.
- Do not try to tan in just one day, as this will lead to painful burns, and soon the tan will “peel off.” As a result of excessive exposure to ultraviolet rays, the skin receives a lot of stress – increased dryness of the epidermis, unpleasant cramps, and redness, which soon become painful and disturbing. The length of sunbathing for the first few days must not exceed 15 minutes. It is essential to sunbathe in the morning or evening when the sun is not very active. The amount of sunlight increases each day slightly.
- It is not recommended to sunbathe between 11 am and 5 pm, as the sun is as active as possible and can cause painful burns. In this case, you should not dream of a beautiful golden skin tone. At this time of the day, it is best to stay in the shade because, in this case, the skin will continue to tan, but there is no aggressive action of the sun’s rays. Therefore, there are often cases when you can sunbathe faster than in the sun where there is a soft diffusion effect of ultraviolet radiation.
- It is essential to apply sunscreen to your skin before going outside. After swimming in the sea or pool, you must reapply the cream, even if the packaging says it is waterproof.
- The sun’s rays reflected from the surface of the water also affect the skin. Therefore, even on a boat trip, you must use sunscreen or throw a towel over your shoulders.
- It is recommended to regularly drink fresh apricot and carrot juice to keep your tan even.
Cleansing the skin for a beautiful tan
Most girls mistakenly believe that to maintain a tan; you need to minimize the use of various shower gels and, if possible, stop unnecessary water treatments. But this is not the case. You should not categorically refuse a method of cleansing the skin because it needs it very much, especially in hot weather.
It is enough to carry out regular gentle cleaning in the morning and the evening – for example, taking a shower for about 5 minutes. Using a soap or gel containing natural essential oils, honey or clay is helpful. The natural ingredients do not dry out the skin but provide adequate nutrition with vitamins and other nutrients.
It is worth giving up the sauna or taking a regular hot bath, as such actions lead to the tan disappearing quickly. At the same time, the increased dryness of the epidermis causes peeling and loss of the beautiful dark skin tone.
Cosmetics for a beautiful tan
Correctly selected cosmetics will help maintain a beautiful tan for a long time. The formation of a bronze skin tone occurs due to exposure to ultraviolet radiation, which causes melanin to be produced by the upper layers of the epidermis. Regardless of how long you sunbathe, the processes in the skin will see it as severe stress. Due to the sudden significant moisture loss, the skin becomes dry and heals gradually. At the same time, an active regeneration process begins immediately within the skin. The epidermis begins to shed with great force and renew itself. Therefore, a beautiful tan is removed along with the dead skin.
To slow down this process, from the first day off, you need to shave the skin of your body and face regularly. In hot weather, you should use only a suitable cream. For this purpose, it is not recommended to use the usual method since most of these creams contain essential oils, which can cause a relatively burning solid sensation to appear and, in some cases appear, an allergy. Therefore, it is necessary to use only a special cream when sunbathing on the beach, improving the vital moisture in the cells and protecting the skin from ultraviolet rays.
Creams designed to care for sunburned skin have a lighter formulation, so they do not irritate the epidermis that has been dried by the sun. At the same time, deep hydration is revealed, and an attractive dark skin tone is preserved. As a rule, such lotions contain aloe extract, which has a cooling and soothing effect, as well as vitamin E, which makes it impossible to establish photo aging of the skin, including melanin, which strengthens the result obtained and activates the recovery of micro damages on the skin.
I am choosing a sunscreen, and skin care after sunburn is recommended to provide comprehensive care. After returning from the beach, washing off the remnants of the cream, sand, and dust from the skin’s surface is essential. Gently pat the body with a towel and apply a cooling skin care product after the sun.
It is strictly forbidden to use cosmetics that have a whitening effect. As a rule, such creams are milk, lemon juice, cucumber juice, pumpkin seeds, celandine, etc.
Proper nutrition for a beautiful tan
Proper nutrition helps maintain your tan. It is necessary to ensure that the body has sufficient nutrients. It is essential not only external but also internal moisturizing skin. Maintaining the correct water balance in the body requires drinking at least 2 liters of clean water daily.
The diet must include fish (fatty types – mackerel, salmon, tuna, sardines, etc.). These products contain not only beneficial fats but also substances. One of them is tyrosine, an amino acid that prevents the active destruction of the dark pigment from starting.
Vitamins C, E, and A are considered indispensable aids in the fight for a beautiful tan, as they are responsible for darkening the skin. Still, the body will be much easier to withstand stress after aggressive exposure to ultraviolet rays. Vitamin C is abundant in citrus fruits, strawberries, tomatoes, peppers, and blackcurrants.
Proper skin care and good nutrition will help you not only get but also maintain a beautiful bronze tan. At the same time, it doesn’t matter if you plan to sunbathe on the beach or decide to visit the