Breasts after breastfeeding; how do you care? To get back in shape after pregnancy, taking care of your body is essential. Find out what causes the skin on the chest to tighten and how to tighten it.
The birth of a child is a great joy for every mother; with his appearance, the female identity changes, and the body. The fact is that during pregnancy, the expectant mother’s body produces many hormones, i.e., progesterone levels rise. And this is not an anomaly, as it ensures a normal pregnancy and the development of the fetus.
One of these changes when carrying a baby is an increase in mammary glands. After all, it is natural that a female breast is primarily necessary to feed the offspring. Usually, many mothers are not upset that their feminine dignity reaches large sizes; on the contrary, their breasts become proud of them. But unfortunately, after hormonal changes in the body and breastfeeding, the mammary glands lose their elasticity and shape. And the result depends on the steps you take to restore your body—more information on how to firm a woman’s breasts after giving birth.
How does the change during pregnancy and breasts after breastfeeding?
As already mentioned, pregnancy and breastfeeding are the main reasons for changing the shape of mammary glands. Their primary support is the pectoral muscles attached to the ribs. The fact is that the woman’s breasts during pregnancy and before her are very different in structure. In general, its structure is the glandular cysts responsible for milk production. During breastfeeding, these lobules expand. Therefore, the breast also develops after feeding, and the muscles can no longer provide the previous elasticity due to high milk production. Stretch marks often occur together with mastitis, creating additional reasons for anxiety. To prevent all these problems, you must take care of your body during and after pregnancy. Read more about this below.
How can I prevent my breasts from stretching?
As soon as you find out about the pregnancy, you need not only to take care of your health and the health of your baby but also to give your proper body care:
- It is necessary to perform regular preventive gymnastics. Light exercise will support the chest muscles better, and the breasts will not sag.
- Massage with a shower keeps the breast soft. To do this, choose a water temperature that suits your body. Then direct it to the chest in a circular motion with a not-too-strong shower stream. It is also beneficial to have a reverse shower. But during pregnancy, it can only be taken if you have already practiced such a procedure. Because the body may not be adapted to the temperature drop, there is a chance that the expectant mother will catch a cold, which is a contraindication for the health and development of the fetus. These daily treatments will also prevent breast stretching and nipple cracking during breastfeeding.
- During pregnancy, you need to wear unique supportive clothes, namely a bra, so that the breasts do not fall in the future after feeding. In addition, clothing should only be made of natural materials.
- The main reason for sagging breasts is incorrect body position while feeding the baby. It is because of this that a large percentage of mothers face this problem after breastfeeding ends. You must, in no case, feed your baby while standing or sitting. Suppose the body is constantly in this position. In that case, it will stretch the skin and, therefore, ugly breasts after giving birth to the baby. The most suitable place must be lying on the side so that the stress on the body will be minimal and the baby will be able to cope with milk production more efficiently.
- They also use special devices to maintain muscle tone throughout the pregnancy; for example, it can be creams, gels, etc. But it is better to use them together with the above prevention methods.
Breast lift after breastfeeding
If you missed a preventive breast treatment, this is not a reason to be upset. Modern methods will help you regain your shape after pregnancy without any problems. The most important thing is desire, perseverance, and patience, which will help to achieve the desired results.
Sports not only help you restore your breasts after breastfeeding and return to their previous shape but also make your body fit and beautiful. Performing specific exercises regularly (2-3 times a week) will keep your bust in shape.
The most popular and influential of these exercises:
- For the first exercise, stand up straight with your arms spread apart. Do 7 twists with torso and arms to one side and 7 to the other.
- The position is the same as in the first exercise, but the arms are lowered. It is necessary to perform circular movements with the hands in one direction.
- Stand up straight, relax your body and make circular movements with your shoulders back and forth.
- A regular scissor arm exercise also actually strengthens the muscles.
- The position is “lying on the floor, facing the floor” the legs are bent at the knees and lifted with the feet up. Place your hands on the floor; they should be at shoulder height. Raise torso and lower while keeping legs in one position, pressed tightly together.
- Instead of exercise, swimming helps firm breasts that droop after feeding. Active exercise improves not only the condition of the muscles but also the general tone of the body.
Massage can also help strengthen the muscles of the chest. Because it improves blood circulation, stretched skin becomes elastic. In addition, with the help of a light massage movement, even during breastfeeding, you can massage the places on the mammary gland where milk has stagnated. It is essential, as its accumulation in certain areas can cause mastitis, which affects the overall tone of the woman’s bust. Before the massage, you need to wash your hands well with warm water. Then massage your chest in light circular motions with your fingers. It would help to start from the nipple and end near the armpit.
The lack of valuable components in the body often affects the skin’s condition. And suppose it is difficult for a woman to return to her previous form after breastfeeding. In that case, the lack of vitamins worsens the situation even more. Their reception is also necessary during pregnancy, as the expectant mother needs twice as much energy during this period. They can be taken together, and you can also adjust the diet on your own using these vitamins that normalize the skin’s condition and make it elastic and elastic.
As a rule, there are particularly adapted vitamins for lactating mothers available in all pharmacies since breasts after breastfeeding limits the use of certain products, which may not be safe for the child’s health. After feeding, you should supplement your diet with vitamin A – eggs, dairy products, offal, carrots, and persimmons. Vitamin B – nuts, grains, meat, salad, vegetables. Vitamin C – Fresh fruits, berries, and herbs.
Correction creams contain various ingredients against stretch marks and stretched breast skin. But the only drawback is that they are expensive and may not always be shown for the woman’s health. Because of the beauty of your body, it is essential to take care of your health. And even if, after pregnancy, it is sometimes difficult to return to the previous shape and restore sagging breasts after feeding, this is not a reason to give up. Proper nutrition, a healthy lifestyle, and self-care will help you to be beautiful and healthy and keep you young and strong for a long time!