Baby shower what is? How to organize a children’s shower party for a friend – interesting ideas to hold, options for decorating a room, competitions, and entertainment. What to give a friend at a baby shower?
Not so long ago, in the presence of our dear and unforgettable people, they started celebrating a wonderful holiday abroad, which is formally called “Baby shower”. Among his conspirators, the name is simply “child”. What kind of holiday is this and how is it celebrated?
What is a baby shower and why is it necessary?
Honestly, this is not a festival at all, but a very cute women’s party, which men are not usually invited to (unless they come across a male toddler among girlfriend mums). They arrange it for a friend “in an interesting situation” shortly before birth. What is its essence? Usually, such a holiday is a way to tell a pregnant girlfriend how everyone loves her, appreciates her, and looks forward to meeting her baby. In this way, everyone seems to pump up the expectant mother with a lot of positive emotions that are so important to her on the eve of an important event. And all this happens by giving gifts, entertainment, and goodies.
If you have a suitable pregnant girlfriend and a circle of friends who are ready to make her happy, there are two ways to plan a party.
In the first case, you can do everything openly: order a nice, quiet café or go to nature together, write invitations and invite guests (by the way, you can estimate the guest list along with the hero of the occasion). However, there is another advantage: secrets. The bottom line is that the girlfriend does not know about the festival until at the latest, and even when under some innocent pretext it is possible “as if by accident” to lure her into the very epicenter of the evening’s events – it is “a surprise! “And” Hooray! “, happiness in the faces of friends, and frozen expression of perfect pleasure on the face of a pregnant woman. In short, the other way is a classic unexpected party that everyone secretly dreams of. Only in light of the” interesting situation “, give up missiles and bombs, as well as a loud shout,
Organizing such a party is both simple and difficult at the same time. Let’s go through the main points to figure out what’s what.
Who should you invite to the Baby shower?
First of all, you need to determine the circle of people invited (or participating in the event). Call anyone with whom the expectant mother has contact and is a friend, as well as those whom she would be sincerely pleased to see. You can create a group chat on Viber or Votsap to notify everyone of plans and changes with one click.
Place, time, and cost of the children’s show
It is necessary to decide in advance where the festival is. Will this be some kind of cafe or apartment/house for one of your friends? It would be nice if this place was known as the hero of the occasion, so the visit to it would not arouse suspicion. By the way, you can always find an innocent excuse: “baby, I need your help!” or “I missed you so much, come and chat.”, “Only you understand me; I need your advice. “And so on. Women’s imagination is truly unlimited! It is better to plan a baby surgery for the period 3-4 weeks before birth. No one knows for sure when the baby will decide to be born, so do not delay too much!
The location of the festival raises the question of the party’s budget: do you have to pay rent for the hall and side dishes, or can you cook something delicious for everyone and have it with you? And can launch joint efforts to do something spectacular? Do I need to order a photographer or can I limit myself to mobile cameras? Does everyone bring a gift of their own or do they buy something from everyone? All of these questions need to be discussed with friends.
Design Ideas for a baby shower party
Decorating the party place is one of the most important things that must not be forgotten. Create a mood. If you know a certain gender of the unborn child, you can choose a traditional pink-blue color scheme or limit yourself to neutral light green or green, yellow or silver-gray, or you can arrange a real color explosion to literally turn a party into a bright event.
You can entrust professionals to decorate a children’s shower and contact one of the event agencies. On the other hand, you can do it yourself: cut flowers and flags out of paper, make wreaths out of paper, inflate balloons and hang everything on the walls.
Baby shower girls
Treatment is another important factor. What is a festival without a festive table? However, do not forget that a “baby” meal should not be a feast. This is a festival for women, which means the fun should be light.
A great idea is to organize a buffet with light snacks or desserts in the children’s shower. Prepare vegetable clothes with several types of dips, slices, snacks, and desserts. Instead of a traditional cream cake, choose a lighter cheesecake. Instead of sandwiches, make a tiny toaster and then a light salad. Do not forget the fruits and drinks.
What to give an expectant mother in a baby shower?
Gifts can be very varied, taking into account the main theme: a girlfriend is expecting a baby! First of all, give everything a child may need for the first time: creams, powders, ointments, shampoo – children’s cosmetics will be available. A good gift – blouses, undershirts, shirts, socks, scratches, hats, as well as anything else you can put on a precious little one. Blankets, blankets, bedding for children, and disposable diapers will not hurt.
You can think about what you should take your child out of the hospital: envelopes and clothes for discharge. If you decide to make one general gift for a baby shower from your friends, buy something more valuable – a crib, high chair, pram, bath, walker, etc. Do not forget mom, clothes and underwear to feed. Will do. Dishes for mothers during breastfeeding, vitamins, and cosmetics for postpartum recovery.
And here are cute neutral gifts for the baby shower: albums and photo frames, where you can then upload a photo from a holiday or from a maternity hospital, set to do the first printing on the baby’s leg and handle, and so on.
And of course diapers, diapers, diapers! This is really the most necessary and never unnecessary gift. By the way, you can make a wonderful diaper cake at the baby shower and decorate it with baby toys and rattles. Before the main guest arrives, all the gifts for the expectant mother and baby are beautifully hidden in a certain place, for example on one of the tables in the room.
Entertainment for children and competitions
Do not forget the entertainment program. Prepare in advance 3-4 competitions or games that do not require special preparation. The main task is to chat, laugh, and have fun.
- You can write practical or comical advice on paper sheets, as well as wishes for the expectant mother. For example: “Do not forget to teach your husband to change his nappy”, “Be sure to go to bed when the baby is asleep”, “You are always the most beautiful – do not forget!”
- Play an anagram game with guests. Write a list of 10 words around the world and use a special online application to mix a series of letters in these words. Invite each guest to quickly look up all the diagrams and guess what is encrypted there. Sometimes the simplest words can be misleading. (Examples of words: body, panty, pram, crib, taste, car seat, radio foster, scratches, diapers, etc.).
- If the expectant mother has already chosen a name for her child and is ready to share it, invite guests to a new game: let everyone create their own list of essentials for the child in the first year of life. Pay attention to the fact that these words should start with the letters that form the name of the unborn child (for example, SOFIA – pacifier, full of diapers, purple shirt, toys, berry puree).
- Play a guessing game. Have the expectant mother and a few more blind guests try to guess what they will feed the baby with. Prepare jars of baby food, or regular food, in advance, but grind on a mixer and arrange the flavors on the taste buds. The reaction to this competition will definitely be fun: all mashed potatoes are completely free of salt and spices and it will not be easy for adults to swallow them.
- M & M’s and bottle. Ask your guests to guess how many M & Ms can fit in a baby bottle, and then together you will count the candy and eat it.
- Another bottle competition. Pour milk or milk into as small bottles of juice or coke, put on the most common pacifiers, and offer those who want to drink a drink quickly through the nipple.
- Organize a creative competition: remember your childhood and shape your child out of plastic. The one who gets the most similar gets a symbolic reward.
- The most accurate eye measurement. Give the girlfriends a thread and let each one prescribe for the eye a thread that can cover mom’s belly. The one closest to the goal gets a sweet prize – candy or gingerbread.
No matter what the child shower break will be, no matter how much effort, resources, and effort was spent on its preparation and planning, we will say with confidence: all this is worth it! Your friend will surely remember him forever and will also tell her son or daughter about the surprise her dear friends gave her when she was expecting the most important event of her life – meeting her baby!