Vitamin deficiency; How to prevent it in spring? Find out why you feel nauseous and sleepy every spring. People are not always happy with the arrival of spring, as they can feel numb and weak due to vitamin deficiency. Today we will tell you how to prevent spring vitamin deficiency. If your nutritional plan is balanced, then you cannot be afraid of this phenomenon. However, not all of our compatriots can eat normally.
Vitamin deficiency symptoms
Symptoms of vitamin deficiency can appear not only in the form of drowsiness, apathy, or increased irritability but also in the form of improved skin and hair. Spring beriberi today is a fairly common phenomenon, although, in this situation, it is more correct to talk about hypovitaminosis. It is because vitamin deficiency means the complete absence of vitamins in the human body.
But doctors still often understand the word “vitamin deficiency” as any manifestation of vitamin deficiency. You will be diagnosed with a vitamin deficiency if you go to a pharmacy or other medical facility. You must understand that even if there is a deficiency of just one micronutrient, unpleasant symptoms can appear. For this reason, chronic diseases may worsen or disrupt metabolism due to a lack of essential enzymes.
How to treat spring vitamin deficiency?
To prevent and treat vitamin deficiency, it is necessary to follow simple rules. Still, people rarely pay enough attention to this. We will also tell you how to prevent spring vitamin deficiency, but if it has already appeared, you need to know how to treat it. In winter, you should watch your diet and not only eat potatoes, pasta and meat.
Suppose you haven’t gotten into the habit of eating right, at least when spring starts, saturate your body with micronutrients and plant fiber. To do this, it is necessary to introduce whole grains (not white), fruits, seafood, herbs, and vegetables into the diet. Moreover, when choosing fruits and vegetables in the spring, you should focus not on fresh products but frozen ones.
It is because quick freezing preserves all the nutrients. On the other hand, fresh vegetables and fruits are stored in warehouses for a long time, leading to the loss of micronutrients. It is worth making homemade preparations in summer and autumn, but now we are not talking about canning. Jam, pickles, and frozen or dried berries – are the foods that help you get rid of vitamin deficiency. One should also remember to consume vitamins daily, especially in water-soluble substances.
Proper nutrition in the spring to prevent vitamin deficiency
After spring, the scents of the first flowers enter the air, and nature slowly begins to come alive. Similar processes occur in the human body during this period. People are solar creatures, and our bodies react negatively to a lack of light. It is entirely understandable why our mood and condition deteriorate in the winter, and many people are beginning to wonder how to prevent spring vitamin deficiency.
Due to the lack of all the necessary trace elements and sunlight, the body weakens in the winter. To get only a pleasant feeling from life in the spring, you need to take care of your health. Today, each of us knows what vitamin deficiency is, but not everyone believes that this is a rather severe phenomenon.
With vitamin deficiency, the activity of the immune system decreases, and the aging process accelerates. With this, the frequent cases of colds and infectious diseases that occur in this season are connected. Fortunately, as we said above, in most cases, people do not experience a complete vitamin deficiency. Still, only a vitamin deficiency that is easy to deal with. applies. If you follow simple rules, you don’t have to think about how to prevent vitamin deficiency this spring. Let’s look at all the vitamins you need to consume and the foods that contain them.
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) . For spring, this is the main vitamin since it is he who contributes to the activation of the immune system and allows the body to cope with various pathogens independently. Great sources of this substance include bell peppers, blackcurrants, citrus fruits, sea buckthorn, potatoes, legumes, cauliflower, cabbage, etc. However, it would help if you remembered that ascorbic acid breaks down quickly at high temperatures and during drying. Iron also hurts the material.
- Calciferol (vitamin D). This substance can be called the sun since the body can form it under the influence of ultraviolet radiation. The vitamin is quite resistant to heat treatment. Should note redfish, milk, and butter among the primary sources—fish oil, egg yolk, etc.
- Retinol acetate (vitamin A). This vitamin is essential for the normal functioning of the optic nerves. Do not forget about his participation in the formation of the skeleton. The primary sources of the substance are apricots, carrots, tomatoes, red peppers, nettles, corn, pumpkins, etc. Vitamin A is not destroyed by high heat, but you should not subject the food to prolonged heat treatment.
- Thiamine (vitamin B1). The substance is necessary for normal metabolism and improves the nervous system’s functioning. The body can also synthesize substances, and this process takes place in the intestines. Among the products that contain the maximum amount of essence, we check pork, yeast, premium wheat, egg yolk, rice, oats, nuts, etc.
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2). Thanks to this substance, the wound healing process and the production of hemoglobin are accelerated. Note that this vitamin is quickly destroyed by ultraviolet sunlight. The vitamin is abundant in eggs, fish, grains, vegetables, yeast, etc. An alkaline environment hurts the material.
- Tocopherol (vitamin E). This substance is usually called the “vitamin of youth,” The main positive effects of tocopherol are aimed at improving the performance of the reproductive organs and muscles. Like riboflavin, vitamin E cannot withstand an alkaline environment. This trace element is found in large quantities in egg yolks, green leaves of plants, vegetable oils, and rose hips.
To preserve the maximum amount of nutrients in food, you need to follow specific rules:
- Store all food in a cool, dark place.
- Vegetables, herbs, and fruits should not stay in the water for long.
- Avoid exposing food for long periods to the sun or even artificial light during cooking.
- Cut food just before cooking.
- Products should be baked in aluminum foil to preserve the maximum amount of nutrients in fish and meat.
- There are many micronutrients left in the water where soaked the legumes and you should use them in the future for cooking.
- Must store sauerkraut and sauerkraut in salt water under pressure.
- Before using sauerkraut, squeeze the product out of the brine, but never rinse with water.
- Thaw the meat at room temperature without using water.
- When cooking vegetables, could you place them in boiling water?
- Do not stir the dish you are often cooking.
- Try to use all cooked dishes at once.
- Limit the cooking time of food.
If you want to know how to prevent vitamin deficiency this spring, follow the above rules. Remember that your diet should be as varied as possible because nature has not created an ideal product, and our body needs all of them. When buying fruits and vegetables, could you pay attention to their appearance? Since long-term storage of herbal products leads to the loss of many nutrients, do not try to buy them in reserve.
By following the rules described above, you can preserve the maximum amount of nutrients in food. For example, fresh herbs will be most helpful if they are juicy. Since vitamin C is destroyed during heat treatment, chopped greens should be added directly to the plate rather than boiling it in a pot.
Should prepare various fruit and vegetable salads just before consumption. If this is difficult to achieve, do not season the salad in advance, but do so only before use. If you are still using the iron knife, we recommend getting rid of it, as it destroys vitamin C.
It is essential to consider that many vitamins improve the absorption of each other. For example, vitamin A is absorbed faster by the body and vitamin E. You probably already understood how to prevent spring vitamin deficiency. You can add a few more words about fruit and vegetable juices to all of the above. Of course, we are talking about freshly squeezed juice, not the ones sold in the supermarket.
An excellent preventive remedy for spring beriberi is a rose plant. It is an excellent source of high levels of trace elements. For example, just two berries of this plant allow you to satisfy the body’s daily need for vitamins C, P, and K. To properly prepare a rose plant, you must put dried. Well-washed berries in a thermos and then pour boiling water over them. Moreover, you do not need a large number of rose hips, and depending on the volume of the heated jet, a few berries may be enough.