Orange diet, what is diet? Rules of the orange diet. Allowed and prohibited foods, food intake for one day, one, two weeks, month. The results of the orange diet and the reviews of those who have lost weight.
The orange diet is a type of food that allows you to normalize weight quickly and improve the appearance of skin, hair, and nails. Delicious and effective weight loss method that allows you to lose up to 3 kg in just 3 days.
Properties of the orange diet
The orange weight loss diet has its own characteristics that need to be considered for the best results. The principles of such a diet were followed even by King Louis’ court. Then they undoubtedly kept the rule: eat at least 10 tasty and healthy fruits a day.
Properties of the orange diet that need to be studied for maximum results:
- Cooking methods – cooking, baking, dicing, steaming;
- Drinking schedule: you can calculate the daily speed with the formula – multiply 30 ml of body weight;
- Food base: Oranges, low-calorie sources (legumes, lean fish, rabbit), high fiber, avocado, olive oil as a source of healthy fats:
- Risk groups: the elderly, as well as people with chronic diseases, must obtain the approval of a qualified nutritionist before starting a diet;
- Physical activity: it is recommended to avoid excessive overexertion and exertion to prevent the deterioration of health and malfunctions.
Oranges have many positive properties: general tonic effect on the body, normal digestion, retention of vascular softness, and antioxidant effect. It is enough to consume one large fresh orange to supply the body’s daily need for vitamin C. This vitamin is one of the best fighters against free radicals, which helps to maintain the beauty of skin and hair.
Despite the many positive properties of orange fruit, it is necessary to take into account possible contraindications to such a diet. Too much acidic fruit is not suitable for people with indigestion, gastritis, ulcers, and high acidity. Contraindications are also increased blood sugar levels (tendency to diabetes), and allergic reactions to citrus fruits. Serious dietary restrictions are not recommended for pregnant and lactating women: their diet should be as healthy and varied as possible.
Allowed and forbidden foods on the orange diet
The orange diet is not very varied.
The main product is orange. But you can also go into the diet:
- Chicken fillets, turkey, rabbit meat;
- Wholemeal bread and chips;
- Low-fat dairy products;
- Boiled eggs;
- Green tea, decoctions of plants (chamomile, rose hip).
If you feel very hungry, a snack is allowed: unsweetened fruit or a handful of berries, a few nuts, and non-starchy vegetables.
It is necessary to monitor the drinking system and make sure that the stool is daily. If digestive problems are noticed, even more fiber and vegetable oils, such as olive oil, enter the diet.
For best results, you must exclude baking, purchased sweets, all sources of unhealthy fats, yeasts and glucose, alcohol, tobacco, obese meats, refined foods, sugar, carbonated drinks, fried, over-peppered and spicy foods from your diet. The ban includes vegetables with high levels of starch and sugar (potatoes, corn, beets).
The menu is composed according to the length of the diet, the basic weight, and the goals that one faces. If you urgently need to lose a few extra pounds then they come with stricter restrictions. In other cases, a moderate calorie restriction is sufficient with the addition of oranges, as well as other permitted foods.
Orange diet for 1 day
The orange diet for the day is suitable for beginners to learn the basic principles of such a diet and assess the tolerability of permitted foods. This is an expressive technology that allows you to lose extra pounds without much effort. Stricter variability involves the use of oranges alone throughout the day – no more than 1.5 kg.
There are milder options for the orange diet for the day:
- Breakfast – low-fat cottage cheese, 1 large orange;
- Lunch – oatmeal in water with 1 orange;
- Dinner – cottage cheese with goats with low-fat content, kefir glass with bacteria sourdough, orange.
Subject to strict possibilities, the daily rate must be divided into 3-4 doses, rinsed down with a sufficient amount of water. It is important to follow the drinking rule and drink at least 1.5 liters of fluid per day.
Orange diet for the week
An orange diet for one week allows you to lose extra pounds, tighten the skin and improve overall well-being. For 7 days it is difficult to eat only oranges, so the diet should be in balance with healthy allowed foods, as well as complex carbohydrates, plenty of fiber, and clean drinking water.
- Breakfast: whole meal bread, 1 orange, a glass of green tea;
- Lunch: salad of seasonal fresh vegetables, salad, boiled chickpeas, seasoned with olive oil and lemon juice;
- Dinner: chicken fillets baked with vegetables, fresh vegetables, and orange.
- Breakfast: toast with wholemeal bread, butter, a glass of orange juice, and boiled egg;
- Lunch: boiled potatoes, low-fat cottage cheese, a large portion of salad with ice cream, lettuce, fresh cucumbers, and 1 orange;
- Dinner: bulgur with turkey, a large portion of salad, orange, optional – a glass of kefir with bacterial dough.
- Breakfast: low-fat cottage cheese, a glass of green tea, 1 orange, 20 grams of butter;
- Lunch: vegetable broth, whole meal bread with cheese, 1 orange;
- Dinner: brown rice with vegetables, boiled beans, raised meat broth, orange.
- Breakfast: orange, a glass of unsweetened green tea, low-fat cottage cheese;
- Lunch: wholemeal bread, a large portion of fresh vegetable salad with beans, kefir with bacterial sourdough;
- Dinner: some oranges, and a glass of chamomile broth.
- Breakfast: orange, rosehip extract without sugar;
- Lunch: boiled eggs, whole meal bread with a little butter, fresh cucumbers and tomatoes, lots of greens;
- Dinner: orange, a portion of millet porridge with salad or ice cream salad.
- Breakfast: orange, a glass of green tea, low-fat cottage cheese;
- Lunch: boiled chicken fillets, salad with fresh vegetables, salad, parsley, dill, cucumbers;
- Dinner: buckwheat porridge with baked chicken, fresh vegetables, orange.
- Breakfast: orange, a glass of green tea;
- Lunch: rabbit with vegetables, salad with chickpeas, tomatoes, and cucumbers;
- Dinner: a large portion of chicken salad and fresh vegetables, orange.
A 7-day orange diet can be challenging, especially for people with digestive problems and chronic diseases. If you feel unwell, it is necessary to break your diet and consult a nutritionist. If you follow a strictly stated food and menu tip, you can lose up to 7 kg.
Orange diet for 2 weeks
The orange diet for 2 weeks is suitable for those who have repeatedly adhered to such a diet for 7 or more days. With a frugal diet for 14 days, you can reduce weight to 7-10 kg, depending on the first signs of body weight.
- Breakfast: boiled eggs, a glass of green tea, orange;
- Lunch: chicken broth, bread, and a large portion of vegetable salad;
- Dinner: boiled chicken with fresh vegetables, a glass of kefir.
- Breakfast: low-fat cottage cheese with kefir in a sourdough of bacteria, a glass of canned food, orange;
- Lunch: boiled beans or chickpeas, a large portion of fresh vegetable salad with olive oil, lemon juice, and orange;
- Dinner: chicken fillet baked with vegetables, boiled cauliflower, and 1 orange.
- Breakfast: boiled eggs, whole meal bread with cheese, a glass of green tea;
- Lunch: vinaigrette, boiled chicken, 1 large orange;
- Dinner: vegetable steak, a slice of whole meal bread, orange.
- Breakfast: boiled eggs, low-fat cottage cheese, orange, chamomile infusion;
- Lunch: green borsch with chicken broth, whole meal bread with butter, orange;
- Dinner: rabbit with vegetables, cabbage salad, lettuce, dill, cucumber, orange.
- Breakfast: low-fat cottage cheese with orange, a glass of canned food;
- Lunch: boiled chicken, salad, bread, orange.
- Dinner: boiled eggs, whole meal bread, fresh vegetable salad, orange.
- Breakfast: boiled eggs, cottage cheese, a glass of green tea;
- Lunch: salad with tomatoes, peppers, mozzarella, basil, bread, and orange;
- Dinner: buckwheat porridge, a large portion of salad, orange.
- Breakfast: multi-grain porridge in the water with unsweetened berries and orange, a glass of rose flour;
- Lunch: red borsch with beans, millet porridge, steamed chicken breast;
- Dinner: a glass of kefir with sourdough of bacteria, and some large oranges.
- Breakfast: orange, oatmeal with vegetable milk, a glass of kefir with a sourdough paste of bacteria;
- Lunch: pickles with barley and pickles, bread, goat cheese;
- Dinner: large salad, rabbit, and vegetable steak.
- Breakfast: low-fat cottage cheese, orange, a glass of green tea;
- Lunch: cauliflower cream soup with coconut cream, green buckwheat -stuffs with sunflower seeds;
- Dinner: chia seeds with coconut milk and oranges.
- Breakfast: buckwheat porridge, orange, rosehip broth;
- Lunch: boiled chicken fillets, vegetable salad;
- Dinner: a glass of kefir with the sourdough paste of bacteria, and oranges.
- Breakfast: oatmeal in water or vegetable milk, orange, and a glass of green tea without sugar;
- Lunch: boiled eggs with baked chickpeas, a large portion of fresh vegetable salad;
- Dinner: millet porridge with baked turkey fillet, salad, orange.
- Breakfast: boiled eggs, butter slices, whole meal bread, orange;
- Lunch: fried carrots with zucchini, eggplant, brown rice, whole meal bread, orange;
- Dinner: vegetable salad, chicken breast baked in the oven.
- Breakfast: boiled eggs, avocado, a glass of green tea, orange;
- Lunch: mushroom soup with low-fat sour cream, bread, salad, and orange;
- Dinner: baked chicken fillets, salad with vegetables, boiled chickpeas, olive oil and lemon dressing, orange.
- Breakfast: orange, rosehip broth, whole meal bread with low-fat cottage cheese;
- Lunch: cabbage soup with breadcrumbs, salad of fresh radish, cucumber, parsley, carrots, and oranges;
- Dinner: buckwheat porridge with steamed chicken breast, sauerkraut, and some oranges.
Adherence to fairly strict restrictions for 2 weeks can be physically and mentally challenging. However, losing those extra pounds is a good incentive for most people.
Orange diet for a month
Good results after 7, 14 days of this type of diet encourage people to stick to the citrus diet in the future. The orange diet for 4 weeks is a food suitable only for trained people.
Severe dietary restrictions over such a long period of time are not recommended. Prolonged fasting and lack of vitamins, trace elements, and healthy fats are stressful for the body, and the likelihood of gaining weight gain after dieting is not ruled out.
Throughout the month, you can change the foods available on the menu for 7 or 14 days, or you can independently bring new dishes from permitted products. Monitoring measurements and weighing can be performed several times a week to help monitor the dynamics of weight loss. After 1 month, it is necessary to take a blood test to check the general signs of health.
Results of the orange diet
Most people who have followed this type of diet are happy with the results of the orange diet. For best results, it is not recommended to limit your diet too much, especially for a long time (1 week or more).
The main advantages of this food include availability, high content of vitamins and antioxidants, fun taste, budget, easy adhesion, comfort, and great benefits.
Disadvantages include the presence of contraindications related to health, high risk of allergies, frequent hunger, and abdominal pain after eating a lot of fruit. Some people do not report results after 5-7 days.
Actual reviews of the orange diet
There are various reviews about the orange diet. Most people are happy with a varied menu, and the opportunity to use ordinary food. The menu does not require any special material costs or cooking skills.
Inessa, 26 years old
The orange diet is a vitamin bomb that will enrich the body with vitamin C, help eliminate bad eating habits, and restore stretched intestinal circles. Fruits abroad are available at any time of the year and are inexpensive. They can be used to prepare fruit salads, and add chicken and rice dishes. But despite all the positive aspects, it is important to keep in mind the potential dangers of such a diet. To be objective, oranges cause allergic reactions, especially when used in large quantities. To get a tangible result, you must sit on such a diet for at least 7 days, while shaping the diet correctly so that it does not run out again. In the diet, vegetables and leafy vegetables must be present as fiber and plenty of water. It is likely that this type of nutrition activates the process of cleansing the body, which is heavy with weakness, and nausea. This type of nutrition suited me; I eat according to the 7-day plan 2 times every six months. I maintain the results obtained for the rest of the time. Somehow, an orange diet helped to overcome the passion for sweets bought in stores, baked goods, simple carbohydrates, and the rest of the junk food. I would not recommend this type of food to everyone without it being orange; orange in large quantities can cause unpredictable reactions in the body. Baked goods, simple carbohydrates, and the rest of the junk food. I would not recommend this type of food to everyone without it being orange; orange in large quantities can cause unpredictable reactions in the body. Baked goods, simple carbohydrates, and the rest of the junk food. I would not recommend this type of food to everyone without it being orange; orange in large quantities can cause unpredictable reactions in the body.
Marina, 32 years old
When I first heard about the orange diet, my first thoughts were: how can you lose weight if you eat fructose, fast cars, and even in large quantities? How long can you actually stretch, if you eat nothing but a few oranges, I did not check it, as I do not follow strict dietary restrictions. First I did 1 fasting day: I ate oranges and drank a lot of water. I tolerated it well, 1 kg went per day. I read somewhere that oranges, it turns out, need to peel from a thin white sky to not cause digestive problems. You can use citrus juice: orange and plain water in a ratio of 1: 1. The juice must be added with fiber, to cause do not have a lot of insulin and not go into hypoglycemia in the future. In general, on some oranges, the body becomes very fragile and it is completely unknown how such prolonged fasting will affect general well-being in the long run. I chose the best option for myself: I use oranges only in combination with protein sources (lean meats or legumes), as well as fats (butter or olive oil). I drink a lot, fortunately, not only water is allowed, but also green tea, the dough of wild game, and berries. With the right approach, such a diet is also great detoxification that removes toxins from the body. After the diet is over, the weight does not go back. not only water is allowed, but also green tea, the dough of wild game, and berries. With the right approach, such a diet is also great detoxification that removes toxins from the body. After the diet is over, the weight does not go back. not only water is allowed, but also green tea, the dough of wild game, and berries. With the right approach, such a diet is also great detoxification that removes toxins from the body. After the diet is over, the weight does not go back.
Olga, 28 years old
I had the negative experience of following a citrus diet. I met many positive reviews and now was the opportunity to make sure of it personally. Before the departure was planned, it was necessary to lose 5 kilos on an urgent basis per week. I decided to choose a stricter diet: oranges, water, tea, and green salad. No oils, other fruits, or sweets. Eat strictly 2-3 times a day, refuse snacks, intense physical activity, wrapping. As a result, my body simply could not stand it and on the third day I woke up with a lot of weakness, headaches, and nausea. I assume that a lack of nutrients could cause such a reaction in the body and I had to leave the distance. Despite all my efforts, it took only 2 kg, which definitely paid off a week later. The body is a complex, intelligent system that does not recognize unjustified stress and differences, after stopping the hunger strike, safely returns and stores fat. Perhaps, with a more qualified and gentler approach, it will be possible to get a good and long-term result.